Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 March 2024 23:13

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: David Eugene Cowlishaw
Subject: Where are my mirror sites?
Question: In Googling my 11 year public experiment on inertial propulsion, code named "GIT", and "update34.htm", I got one hit, this site.

Open.org shut me down, and I've not been able to publically relate my further progress since. The ALFA series works, the DHARMIA project failed momentarily (Dual Hammer Angularly Reciprocating Mass Inertial Accelerator), needing additional balancing angular forces. Lacking experimental funds (and directed time), the project languishes.

The ALFA specs, outlined in update34, are real, have proven out (unloading point mass angular accelerations about the main axis, onto, and off of the axis of the orbital in a directed fashion), but lacking support, and dealing mostly with lookey-loos and wannabes, I am disappointed in you Hoomans! :)

Git it together people, support your beliefs, and cast aside your doubts, if you want to terraform Mars, and populate the asteroid belt with me, experiment, and publish!

David Eugene Cowlishaw

Date: 18 August 2008
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Lynwood Hines - 11/12/2012 23:29:09
 David,

I am personally very interested in this research. Unfortunately I'm not a venture capitalist, nor am I wealthy or well connected. I do have a masters degree in electrical engineering though.

It seems to me that if you can demonstrate that your design actually produces linear inertial thrust then you should have no trouble with funding. The applications are virtually endless, especially for space flight as you well know.

The obvious next step is to build a model that levitates. This equally obviously requires funding.

On a technical point, in looking at your design in "update34", it appears to me you would get linear thrust by rotating the whole device in a plane orthogonal to the spin plane of the gyros, as long as the rotational rate matched the orbit rate of the gyros. Properly timed, this would result in thrust in one direction greater than thrust in the other direction, with a net linear thrust. This works because you are essentially transferring the angular momentum from one gyro to the other at all times, and you always "push down" on the faster spinning gyro by properly rotating the whole mechansim. This is not all that different from how an electrical motor works, it's just being done with inertia rather than magnetism. At sufficient velocities, this force could exceed the force of gravity, and voila! Is this the mode in which you have used/demonstrated the device?

If you could build a small device that is circular and has 2 or more (gotta be an even number, placed 180 degrees apart around the "craft") of these "engines" on it, place it on a scale, then operate it and show that the "craft" gets lighter and stays lighter as long as the engines are running, I think you'd have more funding than you know what to do with.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products