Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

29 March 2024 09:54

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: Saruration
Question: For Mr. Kidd,

Good morning Sandy. I want tell you exactly how I used your finding of a saturation condition. First I add my voice that of course, you are true and right about it.

I surrounded two supper precision gyroscopes in lightweight wooden frames. The frames were held stationary while the gyroscopes rotated inside them.

At the rear of the frames, I bored a hole in the wood and sat shafts inside the wholes. Both shafts were then glued to the same light platform. The platform was placed on a bed of sixty drinking straws. It works well. The plat could move back and forth across the straws as they rolled easily, without apparent friction.

Then I sat the gyros facing one another, tied rubber bands to the front of their wooden frames and release the bands. The bands jerked the front of spinning gyros together into 45 degrees movements, while the rear of the gyros remained unmoved and in their original place.

In this way, your saturation force reduction was experienced only in the outward movement and not in the stationery rear. All the reasoning behind revolving inertia start-up and revolving inertia slowdown did not produce thrust. The only movement across the straws was due to the changing of mass displacement.

If I am not clear enough let me know. I think I might explain some of my other experiments. I’ll think about it but I hope this is of some use to you.

Do you have our American Thanksgiving day over there? Ours is tomorrow and if not do you want, I’ll send you a turkey leg and some dressing?

Take care Glenn,
Date: 24 November 2019
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

• No answers yet
  • Add an Answer >>
    Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
    Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products