Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

19 April 2024 18:06

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Frank Grimer
Subject: Why Professor Laithwaite was able to lift his gyro.
Question: I don't really have a question - more of a announcement. :-) - to wit, I have discovered why Professor Laithwaite was able to lift his gyro into the air and what this implies for free energy.

I am a retired Principle Scientific Officer (civil engineer at RRL and BRS) and was in communication with Eric for
many years. I even had the pleasure of meeting him once at his lab on the south coast.

I have been a member of the Bessler Wheel forum and OverUnity forum for many years under the name of Grimer and Senax. You will find my latest posts on the Sjack Abeling threads.

Since this forum is primarily connected with the prof and all things gyro I thought it will be the place where people have the best chance of being able to overcome the enormous cognitive dissonance that this discovery
inevitably involves.

Is there a forum where this can be discussed?

My website is frankgrimer.uk

My email is 88.frank@gmail.com

Date: 5 September 2019
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 05/09/2019 16:27:12
 You have not given the slightest example of an explanation you allude to. Where is a forum for discussion you ask—THIS is the site.
You over-looked the post below yours headed ‘special mechanics’. It explains it all, and it is the only one that has ever explained it all and in clear logical understanding.

You are basically posting over and important explanation with gibberish. It is disconcerting. I hate being harsh. Perhaps you didn’t know any better..

Report Abuse
Answer: Frank Grimer - 05/09/2019 19:12:57
 [quote}
Glenn Hawkins - 05/09/2019 16:27:12
You have not given the slightest example of an explanation you allude to. Where is a forum for discussion you ask—THIS is the site.
You over-looked the post below yours headed ‘special mechanics’. It explains it all, and it is the only one that has ever explained it all and in clear logical understanding.

You are basically posting over and important explanation with gibberish. It is disconcerting. I hate being harsh. Perhaps you didn’t know any better..[/quote]

Thanks very much for your reply, Glenn.

To be honest my first post was merely to discover whether there was anybody at home, so to speak. 😊

Now that I find there is, rest assured, I will be posting

Are yo any relation to the owner of the firm that markets such wonderful gyros and Stirling engines. I have both.

Cheers

Frank

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 06/09/2019 02:58:52
 Frank, no Glenn Turner is a separate entity and owner of this site. I however am delighted you are civil, cordial and well mannered. Post away! The Special mechanics I refer to explains the why and how the professor is able to raise the forty pound wheel. It has not been explained before and is in the end of my post. There is just no free energy. Too bad Frank. I wish!.
Glenn H.

Report Abuse
Answer: Sandy - 07/09/2019 19:13:22
 There are a only a couple of occasions that I am aware of where a gyroscope or flywheel will appear to magically float and defy gravity.
The first is in a gravity accelerated system invariably in decay, in what is known as precession.
The second is in a mechanically accelerated system which has shed all of its angular momentum (and centrifugal force if you like).
As there is nothing left to hold it down, the gyroscope will proceed to accelerate upwards in an attempt to rotate to a point where its axis of rotation becomes one with the system rotation axis.
Call it what you like this in not precession.
This condition (allegedly precession) would appear to be the only facet of gyroscope behaviour so far discussed, and subject to much misunderstanding.
There is however a far bigger story to be told before the upward acceleration of the gyroscope is initiated..

Consider any system of fixed rotation speed.
As soon as the gyroscope or gyroscopes are rotated the centrifugal force will be found to be reduced
The amount of centrifugal force developed will be progressively reduced as the rotation speed of the gyroscope is increased.
(I think I managed to demonstrate this fact successfully in my YouTube offering “Antigravity machine Part 3”
I do apologise to the readers but that device was never ever intended to produce thrust.
It was designed to show the interested a way forward it the quest to develop a space drive).
That said once the critical point is reached where there is no centrifugal force or angular momentum left in the system the gyroscope begins its climb.
Any further acceleration added to increase centrifugal force is futile the extra input only serving to increase the upward acceleration rate of the gyroscope.
Any increase in the system rotation speed has a similar effect.
For these reasons I called this critical point the “Saturation Point” and consequently the 90-degree zone swept by the gyroscope(s) the “Saturation Zone”
The gyroscope will demonstrate no angular momentum or centrifugal force whilst accelerating upwards through this zone and once started its climb at a point just above the horizontal it will continue to climb to until its axis of rotation is in a vertical position.
The is the point of least action.
I have repeatedly claimed for many, many, years now and since 2004 on this site, that this is what is going on in gyroscopically inspired mechanically accelerated systems
In fairness a university team had a close-up view of this being done, unfortunately like the rest of the world they just did not want to know.
I do suppose it is an easier life to stay with what you were taught, and continue to live in ignorance?
Sandy
PS
Conversely if the gyro rotation speed is constant any acceleration of the whole system (the machine) there will be found to be a loss of centrifugal force (or angular momentum if you can measure it)
As I have also claimed for some time now, it is quite simple to explain away the long-debated lightening of Eric Laithwaite’s big gyro.
Unfortunately, as always, there has been much assumption, much wishful thinking and much bad guessing
Just for a change some practical experimentation might help.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 09/09/2019 19:09:32
 Are you sure you want to say thoes things about me and work?

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 09/09/2019 19:09:37
 Are you sure you want to say thoes things about me and work?

Report Abuse
Answer: Sandy - 09/09/2019 22:30:26
 Good evening Glenn,
I do not understand what you mean, other than the fact, that I gather you feel offended
I think you are taking things too personally.
I was making statements with reference to things the way I see them.
You do exactly the same but I do not specifically get upset.
Anyhow, I have been insulted very much and many times more than you can imagine.
A thin skin is not a good asset in this pursuit.
None of my posting was aimed specifically at you but more in the direction of Mr Frank Grimer, who made his beliefs known on the Veritas large gyro demonstration site prior to his Gyroscopes org posting
However, it is no secret that I have been pushing those ideas on this site since 2004.
Each to his own?
. .
My comments are controversial I know that and that is what they are meant to be
I am being deliberately provocative, for the simple intention of getting people interested.
Discussion, debate or argument I can easily tolerate, and if necessary, respond to.
I just think it is about time we all climbed out of the physics swamp the establishment is trying its level best to hold us in
Regards,
Sandy

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 09/09/2019 23:42:54
 Hi Sandy, always a gentleman,
I have discovered the explanation for your saturation point. It is pretty cut and dried and I think unarguable. I have delayed posting it for some time for my concern that it might interfere with you. With skin so thicken from years of embittered and disagreeable people, you’ll be alright. You might even welcome the understanding as I have.

I occasionally think about you in shed whacking away at medal and creating beautiful little offerings and too, your tiny air force bussing of the fields and black angus and the edge of the sea. I hope your winter is not too harsh.

Best Wishes Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 18/09/2019 04:58:49
 The saturation point and zone.
Push the gyroscope adding speed and force toward horizontal precession and the gyroscope will climb. We have all seen it. To this Sandy Kidd has discovered of a saturation point and zone.

To explain
Imagine a completely stationary wheel. Imagine where two separate centrifuges would be if the gyroscope were precessing very fast. Separately, the rotation centrifuge would be outward straight in line from the center of the wheel. Separately, the centrifuge in the circling wheel around an axes would be straight out from the axes. But they are not separated forces. Together they from a right angle that creates a vectored force. If both centrifuges had the force of equal foot pounds they would pull away from each other at a 45 o angle. The force of each would be lessened, but more important to the understanding of this condition is that neither would be exerting force in line with its own axes. The direction of centrifugal forces is changed and lessened. If gages could read the centrifuge and angular momentum of both right angled forces they would record less force.
During forced precession the amount of directional change would depend on the balance of forces. When rotation centrifuge & and angular momentum is stronger than circling centrifuge the gyroscope will rise. Conversely, when circling centrifuge is stronger the gyroscope will stay nearer the horizontal plane. Additionally, as the gyroscope rises towards the vertical, the shaft becomes shorter from an overhead view, yet it cannot rotate faster to maintain angular momentum as it ordinarily would, because of the drag of the motor. So, there is another factor. Angular momentum and centrifuge are never shed but are forced into a state of resisting one another by the laws of leverage and motion where each pulls against the other. Remember geometry from school as the two men try to pull a mule from different angles? It is all a matter of geometry and angularity. I agree with Sandy in that the zones exist.
Happiness & All Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: USER REMOVED - 10/12/2019 14:40:35
 *message removed at request of user*

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products