Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

29 March 2024 08:29

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: d brown
Subject: Energy trapped in time
Question: If we observe the gyroscope as aging slower and slower the faster it spins, are we not trapping energy in time?
To be used later as it slows?
And to what extent can we abuse that?

I've youtubed people spinning bearings at rediculously high RPMs. Is any of that energy reaching any useful limit?
(you heard it here first... If it's useful.)

Thank you.
Date: 8 May 2019
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: d brown - 09/05/2019 16:02:47
 I have a feeling I have that backwards and that it's counterintuitive or just not completely thought through.
But if there is still energy on one side or the other due to time dilation does that mean energy is coming out the faster it spins because it cannot all be stored in a smaller amount of time as it is aging slower meaning all energy in the universe and the fact that we're getting more is due to masses spinning somewhere and that's what created us and without that spin and time dilation we wouldn't exist?
now my head hurts.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products