Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

19 April 2024 05:46

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: yoguime
Subject: Initial Position
Question: Hello everyone,
I am new on this forum and going through it I couldn't find answer to my question.
So I am using the 9 dof chip from adafruit: BNO055 in NDOF mode.
It is mounted on a door and I am trying to follow the number of opening of the door as well as the opening angle.
My concern is that almost every time the door is opened, when it comes back to the initial position I don't get the same initial angle.
Imagine my initial position (door closed) I have as output for the Heading angle : 35 degrees, someone open the door and let it closes by itself, the door comes back to it's initial position and now I have 38 degrees until next movement.
It is usually of the order of 1 or 2 degrees offset. And almost at every movement of the door so then I reach 360 degrees as initial position and then restart from 0 etc...
I really don't get it also because it is not drifting because during night when no movement I have a very nice steady signal.
I thought it was a problem of calibration but I do the calibration of accelerometer and gyroscope before hand.

If someone as any thoughts. I am using a raspberry pi and the library found on adafruit website.

Thank you very much!

Guillaume
Date: 28 April 2016
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

• No answers yet
  • Add an Answer >>
    Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
    Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products