Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

20 April 2024 10:29

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Nitro
Subject: Hibernating time is over
Question: Dear All,

The gyro site has gone very quiet and although it has been a bad year, with so many good people dying, you inquisitive lot cannot all have pegged it at once – can you?

It’s spring and time to come out of hibernation.

I put up my last video (link in previous posting) to lay to rest the generally held but mistaken belief that:-
a) Mass transfer (movement) without any concomitant opposite mass transfer (movement) was not and is not possible – did anyone extrapolate that that is wrong from the video? Do you need a further explanation? – and
b) Because of this simple, demonstrated fact, inertial drive is therefore not only possible but inevitable – it, like all good things, requires self belief and hard work.

While my machines show, in various old YouTube videos, how this may be done – in truth they show a step or two away from how this may be done - all inventers are paranoid about not giving their ideas away without at least some acknowledgment if not some actual wealth. The machines are all impulse and impulse repeaters (that can move a set distance and stop etc., etc., ad inf., without anything moving in the opposite direction). They sadly do not produce the hoped for continuous acceleration we all sought. Still they open up an important path that has been hidden for more than three hundred years. The path has not really been hidden, merely not looked for carefully enough. Hell! Only nutters in sheds like me would look for something that the Royal Society and other “men of science” say cannot exist. Hence the requirement, stated above, for self belief to the point of pig headedness.

While the men of science have been writing screeds of nonsense on their blackboards to religiously “prove” their belief that all things follow the third law, the simplest of contradicting truths, provable by the easiest of experiments, lies ignored at their feet. You reading this Dr David Fisher and Dr Hugh Hunt?

Look carefully at your gyros again everyone (or look again at my last video) the answer lies spinning at your feet.

NM
Date: 26 April 2016
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Sandy - 26/04/2016 21:16:39
 Evening Nitro and all,
All good stuff Nitro but you do of course realise that you are flogging the proverbial.
It became obvious to me a long time ago that the clever people just do not want to believe any of this stuff.
It also means that all their academic achievements would be worthless and that cannot be.

Anyway Nitro take a couple or so, steps back, to the gyroscope powered device of a few years ago that you demonstrated making a jump forward then stopping without any further movement.
This was undoubtedly an inertial pulse of considerable size.
That demonstration was quite impressive, and a lot nearer the final answer than I think you realise.
I assumed that you were all on a roll at that time and I just waited for some smart cookie to produce the goods, for that reason I kept quiet.
However nothing transpired from that which means not a lot.

If you consider the thrusting part of the action (the bit what drives the gizmo forward) and how the gyro’s movement is reacting with the device, this is all simple mechanics in the end.
However how and why the gyro moves immediately after release cannot be found in the text books
I can say that it is part of a “free lunch scenario” as it is accelerated immediately into what is wrongly called precession the gyro’s speed being immediately increased without acceleration, (I was going to say accelerated without acceleration which is even worse.)
Somebody else can invent a word for this state.
At least you know what I mean, there is nothing there on the way forwards.
Howsoever this is the opposite of what occurs on the way back as the gyros are now operating below the point of saturation or forced precession/precession if you really must and have gained a modicum of angular momentum which will react with the device to drive it forwards.
You will have to consider if the initial acceleration into precession is really necessary as it would appear that we want the gyros forward with as little reaction as possible, preferably with none but certainly with as little as possible.
(Thrust will still be generated as long as there is a differential created.)
In this case the gyro is moving rapidly forwards of its own accord in precession where it will stay until it has lost enough energy to allow it to return.
The way I see it is that there is a lot more going on in that quite complicated set up than is really required, and I see distinct possibilities for the inclusion of a self resetting mechanism.
That was a good demonstration Nitro.
Not much argument with that.
Regards,
Sandy.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products