Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

19 April 2024 17:48

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: Finding proof of angular momentum & centrifuge
Question: In this way you will find the angular momentum and centrifuge fully functioning during precession. You will have to do a little thinking and a little work, but not much.

I will not explaint yet, the ‘how and why’ of precession. It is too involved, too difficult and too demanding of my time.

SIMPLE EXPERIMENT

Lay out double rows of ROUND pencils to roll sideways, about ten on each side. Space the pencils in each row about 1” apart pencil to pencil.

Between them, lay out double rows of pencils to roll upward and downward.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllll
__ __ __ __

lllllllllllllllllllllllllll
__ __ __ __

Obtain a thin 8” x 8” piece of Steriphome and place it on top of the pencils.
Place a precessing gyroscope on the Steriphome and you will see a full measure of centrifuge acting. If you think you do not, let me know and we will go much further to prove angular momentum and that the force at the pivot of the gyroscope is equal and opposite to precession.

Glenn,
Date: 3 July 2016
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

• No answers yet
  • Add an Answer >>
    Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
    Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products